- Personal Manefesto
- October 2nd, 2015
Hello, Happy People!
I'm going to take a moment to be utterly pretentious and explain a few things that are wholly irrelevant to the enjoyment of my fanfic, but might help you understand my modus operandi.
1. As I have mentioned in various posts, I have issued a challenge to myself that I must post a stand-alone piece every calendar month totaling at minimum 300 words. I have recently revised this challenge so that any chapters totaling 1k also count. I just had my one year anniversary in Sept., which pleases me a ridiculous amount considering this is fanfic we're talking about.
2. I will not begin to post WIPs until the rough draft of the story has been written in full.
A) I used to have a hard and fast rule that I would never post a story without it being beta'd. I have violated this rule twice to keep to my posting schedule, and am willing to cut myself a break on that front, as both my beta and I have a life outside of fandom. Any stories that don't fall into that my monthly submission category will absolutely be beta'd.
B) All stories, once posted, are considered final. The only revising I will ever do to a posted story is going back to fix typos (such as auto-correct or formatting fails) that escaped me during the editing/posting process. If the story is crap otherwise, I consider it something I have to live with. Any rewritten stories will be posted separately and explicitly labeled as such.
4. I like to experiment with my writing as much as possible, meaning that 90% of my stories are in some way an writing exercise, be it an exercise in style, length, genre/trope, answering a challenge, etc.
5. Most of my stories (that are not a response to a prompt/challenge) do not actually stem from plot bunnies. I do free-writes and things evolve from there. I am going to attempt to turn that around in the next few months by putting serious effort into writing a few multi-chapter/part fics. I am currently focusing on an ST: XI PU (parallel universe) fic that I am desperate to finish writing before the new movie comes out, even if I have not completely finished posting by that time.
6. All, and I mean ALL, of my stories are character driven. I find Canon Sues distasteful, and try to stay IC as much as humanly possible.